A new guide to older people’s services in Barnsley is available online. The booklet has been produced by Barnsley Council to tell members of the community about the care and support services for older people and their carers who live in the borough.
Available at the Older people’s services webpage, A Guide To Older People’s Services in Barnsley (9th edition) includes general information, together with contact details for organisations that people can get in touch with for further advice and help.
Chapters in the guide cover topics including:
- who you should contact if you need advice or help with daily living,
- what services are available to help you live independently in your own home,
- the support available to carers who are looking after relatives,
- what residential and nursing care is,
- the residential and nursing care homes in Barnsley.
If you’d like to speak to somebody about adult social care services in Barnsley, please phone the council on 01226 773300 (Monday to Friday), or visit www.barnsley.gov.uk