I am seeking to recruit a Caseworker/Senior Caseworker to work in my office in Barnsley. Please find further details below and, if you are interested in applying, please pay careful attention to the application process.
Job Title: Fulltime Caseworker/Senior Caseworker
Working For: Dan Jarvis MP (Barnsley Central)
Salary: up to £24,000 (depending on experience)
I am seeking to recruit a member of staff to join my busy team. This is a vital role working in my constituency office in Barnsley. The Caseworker/Senior Caseworker will work with the other members of my team to provide an excellent service to my constituents, and will have substantial experience within a casework, advocacy, or advice and guidance role.
Excellent organisation skills, empathy, a commitment to outstanding service, good written English and a professional telephone manner are essential. A driving licence is desirable and this position may involve some evening and weekend work. A commitment to the aims and values of the Labour Party is desirable.
- Provide advice and support to constituents on a variety of issues through liaison with Government agencies, the voluntary sector and a range of other organisations to resolve often complex matters.
- Provide information, advice and support for individuals on a range of financial, health, housing and other issues.
- Liaise with the appropriate Government agencies, the voluntary sector and a range of other organisations to resolve matters for constituents.
- Maintain the casework database with accurate and timely updates and data entry.
- Help organise appointments, meetings and events in the constituency for the MP, including maintaining the shared calendar.
- Provide briefings for the MP on a range of local issues.
- Provide support for local campaigns run by the MP.
- Draft correspondence to constituents and other local stakeholders.
- Accompany the MP to constituency events.
- Represent the MP at local stakeholder meetings.
- Adhere to the Data Protection Act principles and respect the confidentiality of data at all times.
Upon appointment the successful candidate will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 9am on Tuesday 24th January.
Interviews will take place on Friday 27 January in Barnsley.
The successful candidate will be encouraged to join the team as soon as possible after this date.
For more information visit Dan’s website