Award season is fast approaching for Company Shop, and we’ll be rubbing shoulders with some of the biggest brands in the world over the coming months.
The work we do to help stop good food from going to waste has seen us shortlisted for a number of high profile awards including the Awards for Excellence in Recycling and Waste Management, the Guardian Sustainable Business Awards, the National Recycling Awards, and the Business Green Leaders Awards.
We’re proud to be recognised in all of these awards, and to be recognised alongside the likes of PWC, B&Q, Roadchef, O2, Veolia and Toyota. Read more about each award and full short lists below. Hopefully we’ll be bringing some silverware back to Company Shop HQ in the coming months.
The Awards for Excellence in Recycling and Waste Management
These awards recognise success and reward excellence in the recycling and waste management sector. The awards were launched and are run by LetsRecycle.com. We have been shortlisted in the Circular Economy Success category alongside PWC, Kenney Blocks and Recresco.
The Guardian Sustainable Business Awards
Run by the Guardian newspaper, these awards look for those that are genuinely advancing sustainable business. We have been shortlisted in the waste category and are up against B&Q, Interface, PWC, R Collard and Winnow.
The National Recycling Awards
The National Recycling Awards highlight the excellence and innovation present throughout the recycling and resource management sector today. We’re shortlisted for tackling food waste and food poverty in the “Best Food Waste Initiative – Private Sector” category. We’re shortlisted alongside
- Booker Group (Booker Local Fresh Food Donations)
- Cafe Spice Namaste (Reducing Food Waste through Scientific Food Waste Management)
- Grundon Waste Management (Oxford Food Bank Partnership)
- JLL (Mermaid Quay)
- KPMG UK (Composting in Canary Wharf)
- MB UN (Anglesey Foodbank and Rural Foodbank)
- Roadchef (UKSWL)
- SWR (Pizza Express and Azzurri)
- Winnow (Technology to Cut Food Waste in Half)
The Business Green Leaders Awards 2016
This awards ceremony will bring together over 600 executives, entrepreneurs, investors, policymakers, and campaigners to celebrate the green economy’s most exciting and innovative achievements from the past 12 months. We’re shortlisted in the “Circular Economy Project of the Year” category. We’re up against:
- AECOM (Major Infrastructure Resource Optimisation Group Project)
- DLL (Lifecycle Asset Management Program), Interface (PVB Recycling Project)
- JPA Furniture (Second Life Furniture Scheme)
- Just Clear (Zero Waste to Landfill Project)
- O2 (Recycle, Refresh, Eco-rating and Refurb Project)
- PwC (Going Circular Project)
- Toyota Material Handling Europe (Second Life Strategy)
- Veolia (Resourcing the World Project)
- WRAP (Hospitality and Food Service Agreement)